Jan 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies were up four with 12 seconds to go when Rudy Gay missed two free throws and left the door just a little open. San Antonio came down and Stephen Jackson hit a three. Memphis inbounded and Zach Randolph was fouled and hit two free throws with three seconds left to put the Grizzlies up by three.
Then Tony Parker happened.
That shot sent the game to overtime. Where the Grizzlies won anyway. But you can’t leave the door open a crack against the Spurs or they will push their way in.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 12
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 30
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)