Jan 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies were up four with 12 seconds to go when Rudy Gay missed two free throws and left the door just a little open. San Antonio came down and Stephen Jackson hit a three. Memphis inbounded and Zach Randolph was fouled and hit two free throws with three seconds left to put the Grizzlies up by three.
Then Tony Parker happened.
That shot sent the game to overtime. Where the Grizzlies won anyway. But you can’t leave the door open a crack against the Spurs or they will push their way in.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 15
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 66
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 51
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4