Jan 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies were up four with 12 seconds to go when Rudy Gay missed two free throws and left the door just a little open. San Antonio came down and Stephen Jackson hit a three. Memphis inbounded and Zach Randolph was fouled and hit two free throws with three seconds left to put the Grizzlies up by three.
Then Tony Parker happened.
That shot sent the game to overtime. Where the Grizzlies won anyway. But you can’t leave the door open a crack against the Spurs or they will push their way in.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43