Jan 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies were up four with 12 seconds to go when Rudy Gay missed two free throws and left the door just a little open. San Antonio came down and Stephen Jackson hit a three. Memphis inbounded and Zach Randolph was fouled and hit two free throws with three seconds left to put the Grizzlies up by three.
Then Tony Parker happened.
That shot sent the game to overtime. Where the Grizzlies won anyway. But you can’t leave the door open a crack against the Spurs or they will push their way in.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6