Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson asks LeBron James to buy the Kings (VIDEO)

Jan 12, 2013, 7:00 PM EST

LeBron James appeared at a charity dinner in Sacramento on Friday, as a guest of the city’s mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson.

With the Kings once again in crisis, Johnson playfully asked James if he might be interested in purchasing Sacramento’s NBA franchise. James played along, and a good time was seemingly had by all.

1. mazblast - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

LeBron DOES know something about ripping a city’s heart out.

That said, it’s good to see him show a sense of humor for once.

2. nbascreed - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

A little Kevin Hart for the uninitiated…lol…I love LBJ!!!

ktgotgame.com

• danielcp0303 - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

It’s always a little Kevin Hart. He’s the size of a horse jockey

3. thetooloftools - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Even though LeBron James did us really bad, we still hate him here in Cleveland.
    I wonder if Kevin yucked it up with LeBron about the child he had with Sharon Reed (Google “LeBron James and Sharon Reed”) who worked as a news anchor here in Cleveland and is now in Miami. Sharon is smoking hot but everything is getting buried to keep LeBron’s “image”.
    He’s so fake.
    Everything I wrote is true.

• deadeyedesign23 - Jan 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

You’re but hurt because the best player in the world left the mistake by the lake after spending nearly a decade in that town.

Everything I wrote is true.

4. bengalsstillsuck - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

And Lebron moves Sacramento to Miami.

5. lanza2 - Jan 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Cleveland is trash.
    Miami > Cleveland

Everything I wrote is true.

6. edgewaterjoe - Jan 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Trash cheers trash, I see. Pop quiz, Heat “fans”: what shape is a basketball? I’ll submit and wait for my answer while you Google it …

7. jhuck92 - Jan 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM

A player owning a different team… can that actually happen?

• kws001 - Jan 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM

No. Serious conflict of interest. When I read first read the headline, I thought there’s no way KJ could be that desperate or stupid. I’m glad he was joking…

8. asublimeday - Jan 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Everything I wrote is true.
    ——–

You cannot spell the word “butt” correctly.

New low, Miami fans. New low.

9. valiantdraws - Jan 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Ya know…I’m no fan of Cleveland, being from Buffalo. But I have to protest the trash talking of the old steel towns. People act like LBJ is so happy to escape Cleveland. And maybe he is for now. But, he clearly loved Ohio, as most people generally have some kind of love for their home towns and home states. I don’t think he would mind moving back one day. He doesn’t hate Cleveland, believe it or not.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches