Jan 12, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
If you were looking for a reason to tune in for an afternoon contest between the Clippers and the Magic, Grant Hill making his season debut for Los Angeles is as good a reason as any.
Hill was said to be a game time decision after practice on Friday, but Vinnie Del Negro told reporters before tip-off on Saturday that Hill would indeed see his first regular season action as a member of the Clippers against the Orlando Magic.
Hill has missed all 36 of L.A.’s games to this point in the season with a bone bruise in his right knee. The Clippers have been just fine without him, obviously, getting out to a 28-8 start that has them tied with the Thunder for the best record in the league.
“We won’t know enough until he starts playing in games and gets in better condition,” Del Negro said about Hill on Friday. “We’ve got to get him out there to get him a few minutes here or there and see how he feels and we’ll figure everything out.”
The “few minutes here or there” remark was some unintentional comedy on Del Negro’s part, given the fact that L.A.’s rotation is already extremely crowded, and it will be a challenge for the Clippers head coach to find the right mix on a nightly basis.
Hill averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game in Phoenix last season, while routinely doing an excellent job defensively when matched up against the other team’s best player.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5