Jan 12, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
If you were looking for a reason to tune in for an afternoon contest between the Clippers and the Magic, Grant Hill making his season debut for Los Angeles is as good a reason as any.
Hill was said to be a game time decision after practice on Friday, but Vinnie Del Negro told reporters before tip-off on Saturday that Hill would indeed see his first regular season action as a member of the Clippers against the Orlando Magic.
Hill has missed all 36 of L.A.’s games to this point in the season with a bone bruise in his right knee. The Clippers have been just fine without him, obviously, getting out to a 28-8 start that has them tied with the Thunder for the best record in the league.
“We won’t know enough until he starts playing in games and gets in better condition,” Del Negro said about Hill on Friday. “We’ve got to get him out there to get him a few minutes here or there and see how he feels and we’ll figure everything out.”
The “few minutes here or there” remark was some unintentional comedy on Del Negro’s part, given the fact that L.A.’s rotation is already extremely crowded, and it will be a challenge for the Clippers head coach to find the right mix on a nightly basis.
Hill averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game in Phoenix last season, while routinely doing an excellent job defensively when matched up against the other team’s best player.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 27
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48