Jan 12, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
If you were looking for a reason to tune in for an afternoon contest between the Clippers and the Magic, Grant Hill making his season debut for Los Angeles is as good a reason as any.
Hill was said to be a game time decision after practice on Friday, but Vinnie Del Negro told reporters before tip-off on Saturday that Hill would indeed see his first regular season action as a member of the Clippers against the Orlando Magic.
Hill has missed all 36 of L.A.’s games to this point in the season with a bone bruise in his right knee. The Clippers have been just fine without him, obviously, getting out to a 28-8 start that has them tied with the Thunder for the best record in the league.
“We won’t know enough until he starts playing in games and gets in better condition,” Del Negro said about Hill on Friday. “We’ve got to get him out there to get him a few minutes here or there and see how he feels and we’ll figure everything out.”
The “few minutes here or there” remark was some unintentional comedy on Del Negro’s part, given the fact that L.A.’s rotation is already extremely crowded, and it will be a challenge for the Clippers head coach to find the right mix on a nightly basis.
Hill averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game in Phoenix last season, while routinely doing an excellent job defensively when matched up against the other team’s best player.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 26
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 32
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4