Jan 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Gerald Wallace has earned the nickname “Crash” over the years for a reason. He consistently and fearlessly takes flight around the rim, with little or no regard for his own personal safety.
Early in Friday night’s win over the Suns, Wallace went up for a basket, but was fouled by P.J. Tucker in mid-air, and the contact sent Wallace crashing to the floor, where he landed awkwardly and remained down for several minutes.
The official injury was reported to be bruised ribs, and X-rays were negative. We don’t know if Wallace could have returned, but NBA rules prohibited that since he was unable to shoot his free throws after the foul; teammate Tyshawn Taylor attempted them in his place.
The play was ruled to be a personal foul by the officials — after reviewing the replay, they determined that it was not a flagrant, despite the way Wallace went down after the contact was made.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 4
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8