Jan 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Gerald Wallace has earned the nickname “Crash” over the years for a reason. He consistently and fearlessly takes flight around the rim, with little or no regard for his own personal safety.
Early in Friday night’s win over the Suns, Wallace went up for a basket, but was fouled by P.J. Tucker in mid-air, and the contact sent Wallace crashing to the floor, where he landed awkwardly and remained down for several minutes.
The official injury was reported to be bruised ribs, and X-rays were negative. We don’t know if Wallace could have returned, but NBA rules prohibited that since he was unable to shoot his free throws after the foul; teammate Tyshawn Taylor attempted them in his place.
The play was ruled to be a personal foul by the officials — after reviewing the replay, they determined that it was not a flagrant, despite the way Wallace went down after the contact was made.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10