Jan 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Gerald Wallace has earned the nickname “Crash” over the years for a reason. He consistently and fearlessly takes flight around the rim, with little or no regard for his own personal safety.
Early in Friday night’s win over the Suns, Wallace went up for a basket, but was fouled by P.J. Tucker in mid-air, and the contact sent Wallace crashing to the floor, where he landed awkwardly and remained down for several minutes.
The official injury was reported to be bruised ribs, and X-rays were negative. We don’t know if Wallace could have returned, but NBA rules prohibited that since he was unable to shoot his free throws after the foul; teammate Tyshawn Taylor attempted them in his place.
The play was ruled to be a personal foul by the officials — after reviewing the replay, they determined that it was not a flagrant, despite the way Wallace went down after the contact was made.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8