Jan 11, 2013, 2:29 AM EST
The Heat looked as though they would have little trouble with the Blazers, getting out to a solid start and a 52-39 lead at the end of the first half.
But a 38-point second half doomed Miami’s chances, and the team found itself blowing a 12-point fourth quarter lead while on the wrong end of a 24-10 run over the game’s final 8:08 in Portland, falling by a final of 92-90.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade combined for just 33 points, and while Nicolas Batum and LaMarcus Aldridge did the heavy lifting with 28 and 20 points respectively for the Blazers, Wesley Matthews was the one that dragged them to victory with these two huge three-pointers in the game’s final minute.
The Heat are now just 7-8 on the road this season.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7