Jan 11, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the seemingly impending sale of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle-based ownership group, and why the fans there want to fight to keep a team that’s been historically terrible in terms of wins and losses.
We then look back at Thursday night’s games, and wonder if the Pacers have enough on the offensive end to match their stellar defense, and if they can really take out the likes of the Heat or the Knicks in a seven game playoff series.
Speaking of the Knicks, we talk about Carmelo Anthony‘s conflict with Kevin Garnett that earned him a one-game suspension, before switching gears to talk about the Heat’s sub-.500 road record, and how much of a problem that might be for them in the second half of the season.
Finally, it’s not a podcast if we aren’t discussing the disastrous season in Los Angeles, where the weeks keep going by with the Lakers still unable to figure things out. We wonder how late is too late, and if Jim Buss is correct in his decision not to panic at this point, with a trip to the postseason looking less likely for L.A. as the losses continue to pile up.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 1
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 12
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (88)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay