Jan 11, 2013, 7:24 PM EST
Marcus Camby has only played in 14 games for the Knicks this season — and now he’s going to miss a bunch more games.
Camby has aggravated the plantar fasciitis he has battled in his foot and will be out two to four more weeks, tweets Frank Isola of Newsday.
The bulk of the Knicks minutes at the five spot go to Tyson Chandler, as they should, but for the first part of the season the Knicks got good bench production out of Rasheed Wallace. But then he got hurt. Camby has given the Knicks far less, and he can’t stay healthy.
At the start of the year we all joked about the Knicks age off the bench and how all those guys had James Naismith as their first coach, but for the first third of the season those old guys produced. But now those guys are starting to show some wear and tear. Like tends to happen to players over age 35. And we will see how that lack of depth impacts them as they fight for a top seed heading into the playoffs.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 0
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 14
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19