Jan 11, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
Don’t tell me that’s what he meant to do.
But the bottom line is Isaiah Thomas‘ shot went in and with that (and a Dallas miss on a final shot) the Sacramento Kings sent Thursday’s game to overtime. Where Dallas won. But still, this is my favorite shot of the night.
By the way, good no-call by the referee on the “foul” there — that is a clean fly-by Mike James where Thomas creates the contact by kicking his left leg out. Now, if you want to ask Mike James why he left his man and dropped down to double DeMarcus Cousins at the elbow when the Kings needed a three to tie, go right ahead. But that wasn’t a foul he committed on Thomas.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18