Jan 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
It wasn’t accidental. It was spur of the moment and not premeditated.
And it got DeMarcus Cousins ejected with a flagrant two.
With the Kings down two and 41 seconds to go in the overtime, Cousins was triple team then stripped of the ball, which bounced around rolled out to the side and was grabbed by the Mavs. As Cousins was standing back up he shoves Vince Cater in the face.
It was another moment where he just lost control. He realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done.
The refs called it a flagrant one, reviewed the footage, and raised the foul to a flagrant two and ejected Cousins.
And because it is Cousins a fine is coming from the league office. Bet on it.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1