Jan 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
It wasn’t accidental. It was spur of the moment and not premeditated.
And it got DeMarcus Cousins ejected with a flagrant two.
With the Kings down two and 41 seconds to go in the overtime, Cousins was triple team then stripped of the ball, which bounced around rolled out to the side and was grabbed by the Mavs. As Cousins was standing back up he shoves Vince Cater in the face.
It was another moment where he just lost control. He realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done.
The refs called it a flagrant one, reviewed the footage, and raised the foul to a flagrant two and ejected Cousins.
And because it is Cousins a fine is coming from the league office. Bet on it.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0