Jan 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t accidental. It was spur of the moment and not premeditated.
And it got DeMarcus Cousins ejected with a flagrant two.
With the Kings down two and 41 seconds to go in the overtime, Cousins was triple team then stripped of the ball, which bounced around rolled out to the side and was grabbed by the Mavs. As Cousins was standing back up he shoves Vince Cater in the face.
It was another moment where he just lost control. He realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done.
The refs called it a flagrant one, reviewed the footage, and raised the foul to a flagrant two and ejected Cousins.
And because it is Cousins a fine is coming from the league office. Bet on it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10