Jan 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
It wasn’t accidental. It was spur of the moment and not premeditated.
And it got DeMarcus Cousins ejected with a flagrant two.
With the Kings down two and 41 seconds to go in the overtime, Cousins was triple team then stripped of the ball, which bounced around rolled out to the side and was grabbed by the Mavs. As Cousins was standing back up he shoves Vince Cater in the face.
It was another moment where he just lost control. He realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done.
The refs called it a flagrant one, reviewed the footage, and raised the foul to a flagrant two and ejected Cousins.
And because it is Cousins a fine is coming from the league office. Bet on it.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9