Jan 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t accidental. It was spur of the moment and not premeditated.
And it got DeMarcus Cousins ejected with a flagrant two.
With the Kings down two and 41 seconds to go in the overtime, Cousins was triple team then stripped of the ball, which bounced around rolled out to the side and was grabbed by the Mavs. As Cousins was standing back up he shoves Vince Cater in the face.
It was another moment where he just lost control. He realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done.
The refs called it a flagrant one, reviewed the footage, and raised the foul to a flagrant two and ejected Cousins.
And because it is Cousins a fine is coming from the league office. Bet on it.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29