Jan 11, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins acts like the world just happens to him. He’s a passive bystander who just somehow keeps ending up in all these bad situations.
Like say, getting ejected after pushing Vince Carter in the face.
Which is what happened on Thursday night in overtime of the Kings loss to the Mavericks. Cousins said after the game it was unintentional, reports NBA.com.
“It wasn’t intentional,” DeMarcus Cousins pleaded.
Cousins realizes that a suspension is likely coming of this, but he seems to think things keep happening to him rather than him causing them.
“I’m pretty sure that my reputation will come into play with this decision,” Cousins told reporters afterward, slumped at his locker. “But hopefully they realize that it wasn’t intentional….
“I swear, no matter how hard I try, some type of way it happens,” Cousins said. “It’s frustrating. Like no matter how hard I try, they find a way.”
It happens because you swear at your coach. Or you push an opposing player in the face. Or a host of things that you do to cause this, it doesn’t just happen to you.
Cousins is emotional, fiery and when he lost the ball with 41 seconds left in overtime he made a frustrated reaction — then realized it before Carter even hit the floor. Cousins tried to catch him and went to the ground with him. But by then it was too late.
On top of it all, Cousins is immensely talented — he had 29 points on just 14 shots plus had 9 rebounds against the Mavericks. And that is why no matter who owns the Kings in a month they aren’t trading him.
Instead they will wait for him to figure it out. The question is how long a wait that will be.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 24
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay