Jan 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony is featured in a new documentary series entitled “Playing for the City That Made Me,” launched by the Jordan brand that sponsors him earlier this week. It’s a three-parter, hoping to show Anthony’s New York roots, and the passion he had playing the game from a very early age.
This first episode entitled “Claiming Red Hook” focuses on Anthony’s beginnings growing up in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and features Knicks legend Bernard King and rapper Nas talking about the excitement and expectations that come with playing for New York’s storied NBA franchise.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1