Jan 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is featured in a new documentary series entitled “Playing for the City That Made Me,” launched by the Jordan brand that sponsors him earlier this week. It’s a three-parter, hoping to show Anthony’s New York roots, and the passion he had playing the game from a very early age.
This first episode entitled “Claiming Red Hook” focuses on Anthony’s beginnings growing up in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and features Knicks legend Bernard King and rapper Nas talking about the excitement and expectations that come with playing for New York’s storied NBA franchise.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 26
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 30
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 18
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26