Jan 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is featured in a new documentary series entitled “Playing for the City That Made Me,” launched by the Jordan brand that sponsors him earlier this week. It’s a three-parter, hoping to show Anthony’s New York roots, and the passion he had playing the game from a very early age.
This first episode entitled “Claiming Red Hook” focuses on Anthony’s beginnings growing up in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and features Knicks legend Bernard King and rapper Nas talking about the excitement and expectations that come with playing for New York’s storied NBA franchise.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30