Jan 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is featured in a new documentary series entitled “Playing for the City That Made Me,” launched by the Jordan brand that sponsors him earlier this week. It’s a three-parter, hoping to show Anthony’s New York roots, and the passion he had playing the game from a very early age.
This first episode entitled “Claiming Red Hook” focuses on Anthony’s beginnings growing up in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and features Knicks legend Bernard King and rapper Nas talking about the excitement and expectations that come with playing for New York’s storied NBA franchise.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49