Jan 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is featured in a new documentary series entitled “Playing for the City That Made Me,” launched by the Jordan brand that sponsors him earlier this week. It’s a three-parter, hoping to show Anthony’s New York roots, and the passion he had playing the game from a very early age.
This first episode entitled “Claiming Red Hook” focuses on Anthony’s beginnings growing up in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and features Knicks legend Bernard King and rapper Nas talking about the excitement and expectations that come with playing for New York’s storied NBA franchise.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13