Jan 10, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The punishment has come down, Carmelo Anthony is sitting out the Knicks Thursday night game for going after Kevin Garnett post-game by the team bus — he “just wanted to talk to him” — after KG does what he does and said something that got under Carmelo Anthony’s skin. Allegedly a comment about ‘Melo’s wife La La. Tyson Chandler said that what KG said crossed the line. Of course, what’s he going to say, he’s got to have his teammates back.
• Doc Rivers says KG didn’t say anything about Anthony’s wife. What’s Doc going to say, he’s got to have his players’ back.
• A good look at the Clippers “Tribe Called Bench.” That depth is a real regular season advantage for the Clippers, but it will be interesting to see how Vinny Del Negro handles it in the playoffs when rotations generally shorten.
• Former Grizzlies’ player Lester Hudson was arrested for reckless driving. From the Memphis Commercial Appeal: “Lester Hudson, 28, was seen driving his cousin’s car west on American Way when he slammed on the brakes and spun out in the intersection of Mt. Moriah, according to a police affidavit. Other cars at the intersection swerved to avoid a collision, officers reported. Hudson then allegedly smoked his tires, spun the car in a circle several times, and sped off northbound on Mt. Moriah.”
• John Wall has jumped shoe brands to adidas (he had been with Reebok, which is owned by adidas). “I’ve enjoyed my time with Reebok and I’m grateful for everything we accomplished the last few years,” said Wall. “Now, I’m excited to return to the court soon and begin my new partnership with adidas. They’ve changed the game with new technology and style and I can’t wait to be a part of it.” Wall joins Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard and other under the adidas brand.
• In case you missed it, Gay doesn’t think he’ll be traded. I’d say “maybe not at the deadline, but…”
• Tracy McGrady has been suspended one game in China for criticizing officiating. His team was so pissed at the officiating they walked off the court with :28 left in the game. By the way, his team is 2-17.
• In one of those very Spurs moves, they are trying to reach a deal with Australian big man Aron Baynes. I don’t know anything about him either, but if the Spurs want him I bet he’s going to be good.
• An interesting interview on the lives of gay players in the NBA and NFL, living sort of a “don’t ask/don’t tell” life.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18