Jan 10, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Late last night during a drubbing against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Rubio decided to bust out a new trick. With a trap coming on a pick and roll, Rubio winged a bounce pass between his own legs and between two defenders to an open Lou Amundson.
Unfortunately, an open Lou Amundson is still a Lou Amundson. With only Kevin Martin to beat, Lou botched one of the nicest dimes you’ll see all year by hilariously clanking a 4-foot shot off the top corner of the backboard. Really, the missed layup is almost as impressive as the pass.
Even though it didn’t amount to anything, it’s still so nice to have Rubio back on the court. You just never know what he’s capable of pulling off.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 4
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 35
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 50
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 37
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40