Jan 10, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Late last night during a drubbing against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Rubio decided to bust out a new trick. With a trap coming on a pick and roll, Rubio winged a bounce pass between his own legs and between two defenders to an open Lou Amundson.
Unfortunately, an open Lou Amundson is still a Lou Amundson. With only Kevin Martin to beat, Lou botched one of the nicest dimes you’ll see all year by hilariously clanking a 4-foot shot off the top corner of the backboard. Really, the missed layup is almost as impressive as the pass.
Even though it didn’t amount to anything, it’s still so nice to have Rubio back on the court. You just never know what he’s capable of pulling off.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 4
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28