Jan 10, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Late last night during a drubbing against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Rubio decided to bust out a new trick. With a trap coming on a pick and roll, Rubio winged a bounce pass between his own legs and between two defenders to an open Lou Amundson.
Unfortunately, an open Lou Amundson is still a Lou Amundson. With only Kevin Martin to beat, Lou botched one of the nicest dimes you’ll see all year by hilariously clanking a 4-foot shot off the top corner of the backboard. Really, the missed layup is almost as impressive as the pass.
Even though it didn’t amount to anything, it’s still so nice to have Rubio back on the court. You just never know what he’s capable of pulling off.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8