Jan 10, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Late last night during a drubbing against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Rubio decided to bust out a new trick. With a trap coming on a pick and roll, Rubio winged a bounce pass between his own legs and between two defenders to an open Lou Amundson.
Unfortunately, an open Lou Amundson is still a Lou Amundson. With only Kevin Martin to beat, Lou botched one of the nicest dimes you’ll see all year by hilariously clanking a 4-foot shot off the top corner of the backboard. Really, the missed layup is almost as impressive as the pass.
Even though it didn’t amount to anything, it’s still so nice to have Rubio back on the court. You just never know what he’s capable of pulling off.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)