Jan 10, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Veteran referee Billy Kennedy clearly didn’t know he had a hot mic… which makes this all the better. Just let it serve as another reminder that television rules everything. EVERYTHING.
Seconds after Kennedy said this the broadcast went to a commercial, but not until Mike Breen has a good “you’re not fooling anybody” moment on air.
What happened is get one 20-second timeout a half and Mike D’Antoni used his in the third quarter. Apparently he called a second one but then was assessed a full timeout. The broadcast had treated this as a 20 and not a full and apparently didn’t get in enough or was a little behind on commercials to be shown. Kennedy knows television rules everything and tries to subtly stall and explain it to D’Antoni and Gregg Popovich. Except it’s not all that subtle now.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2