Jan 10, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Veteran referee Billy Kennedy clearly didn’t know he had a hot mic… which makes this all the better. Just let it serve as another reminder that television rules everything. EVERYTHING.
Seconds after Kennedy said this the broadcast went to a commercial, but not until Mike Breen has a good “you’re not fooling anybody” moment on air.
What happened is get one 20-second timeout a half and Mike D’Antoni used his in the third quarter. Apparently he called a second one but then was assessed a full timeout. The broadcast had treated this as a 20 and not a full and apparently didn’t get in enough or was a little behind on commercials to be shown. Kennedy knows television rules everything and tries to subtly stall and explain it to D’Antoni and Gregg Popovich. Except it’s not all that subtle now.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61