Jan 10, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Veteran referee Billy Kennedy clearly didn’t know he had a hot mic… which makes this all the better. Just let it serve as another reminder that television rules everything. EVERYTHING.
Seconds after Kennedy said this the broadcast went to a commercial, but not until Mike Breen has a good “you’re not fooling anybody” moment on air.
What happened is get one 20-second timeout a half and Mike D’Antoni used his in the third quarter. Apparently he called a second one but then was assessed a full timeout. The broadcast had treated this as a 20 and not a full and apparently didn’t get in enough or was a little behind on commercials to be shown. Kennedy knows television rules everything and tries to subtly stall and explain it to D’Antoni and Gregg Popovich. Except it’s not all that subtle now.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35