Jan 10, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Veteran referee Billy Kennedy clearly didn’t know he had a hot mic… which makes this all the better. Just let it serve as another reminder that television rules everything. EVERYTHING.
Seconds after Kennedy said this the broadcast went to a commercial, but not until Mike Breen has a good “you’re not fooling anybody” moment on air.
What happened is get one 20-second timeout a half and Mike D’Antoni used his in the third quarter. Apparently he called a second one but then was assessed a full timeout. The broadcast had treated this as a 20 and not a full and apparently didn’t get in enough or was a little behind on commercials to be shown. Kennedy knows television rules everything and tries to subtly stall and explain it to D’Antoni and Gregg Popovich. Except it’s not all that subtle now.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9