Jan 10, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Veteran referee Billy Kennedy clearly didn’t know he had a hot mic… which makes this all the better. Just let it serve as another reminder that television rules everything. EVERYTHING.
Seconds after Kennedy said this the broadcast went to a commercial, but not until Mike Breen has a good “you’re not fooling anybody” moment on air.
What happened is get one 20-second timeout a half and Mike D’Antoni used his in the third quarter. Apparently he called a second one but then was assessed a full timeout. The broadcast had treated this as a 20 and not a full and apparently didn’t get in enough or was a little behind on commercials to be shown. Kennedy knows television rules everything and tries to subtly stall and explain it to D’Antoni and Gregg Popovich. Except it’s not all that subtle now.
- NBA Power Rankings: Spurs, Clippers are your clear top two 0
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 6
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 5
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 25