Jan 10, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Minnesota coach Rick Adelman has missed the last couple of games with what the team would only describe as “personal reasons.”
But he may miss more so the team issued a statement on Thursday:
Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman has missed the team’s last two games in order to be with his wife, Mary Kay, who has been in the hospital.
Adelman’s status for his return to coaching the team remains day-by-day, and he will return as soon as he is able. Until he rejoins the team, assistant coach Terry Porter will continue to serve as acting head coach.
We wish Mary Kay a speedy recovery. Rick can take his time, although I expect we’ll see him back before Kevin Love.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8