Jan 10, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota coach Rick Adelman has missed the last couple of games with what the team would only describe as “personal reasons.”
But he may miss more so the team issued a statement on Thursday:
Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman has missed the team’s last two games in order to be with his wife, Mary Kay, who has been in the hospital.
Adelman’s status for his return to coaching the team remains day-by-day, and he will return as soon as he is able. Until he rejoins the team, assistant coach Terry Porter will continue to serve as acting head coach.
We wish Mary Kay a speedy recovery. Rick can take his time, although I expect we’ll see him back before Kevin Love.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20