Jan 10, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota coach Rick Adelman has missed the last couple of games with what the team would only describe as “personal reasons.”
But he may miss more so the team issued a statement on Thursday:
Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman has missed the team’s last two games in order to be with his wife, Mary Kay, who has been in the hospital.
Adelman’s status for his return to coaching the team remains day-by-day, and he will return as soon as he is able. Until he rejoins the team, assistant coach Terry Porter will continue to serve as acting head coach.
We wish Mary Kay a speedy recovery. Rick can take his time, although I expect we’ll see him back before Kevin Love.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29