Jan 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
John Wall is very close to returning to the court for the Wizards, and when he does finally make it back, he’ll do so with adidas on his feet.
Wall and adidas announced a long-term partnership agreement on Thursday, which marked the end of Wall’s deal to represent Reebok. From the official release:
“I’ve enjoyed my time with Reebok and I’m grateful for everything we accomplished the last few years,” said Wall. “Now, I’m excited to return to the court soon and begin my new partnership with adidas. They’ve changed the game with new technology and style and I can’t wait to be a part of it.”
“John Wall is a great talent and his quickness, superior athleticism and personality make him one of the most exciting young players in the game,” said Lawrence Norman, adidas vice president of global basketball. “We’re excited to partner with John to continue to develop new innovative products and grow our brand and business.”
Reebok was releasing ads for Wall as recently as November of last year, but apparently a decision was made that it wasn’t worth it for the company to keep him on its roster.
Wall joins the likes of Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Ricky Rubio, Kenneth Faried, and Iman Shumpert as part of the adidas family. He’s expected to be featured in future ad campaigns, as well as have a hand in developing basketball footwear and apparel.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 0
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 7
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17