Jan 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
John Wall is very close to returning to the court for the Wizards, and when he does finally make it back, he’ll do so with adidas on his feet.
Wall and adidas announced a long-term partnership agreement on Thursday, which marked the end of Wall’s deal to represent Reebok. From the official release:
“I’ve enjoyed my time with Reebok and I’m grateful for everything we accomplished the last few years,” said Wall. “Now, I’m excited to return to the court soon and begin my new partnership with adidas. They’ve changed the game with new technology and style and I can’t wait to be a part of it.”
“John Wall is a great talent and his quickness, superior athleticism and personality make him one of the most exciting young players in the game,” said Lawrence Norman, adidas vice president of global basketball. “We’re excited to partner with John to continue to develop new innovative products and grow our brand and business.”
Reebok was releasing ads for Wall as recently as November of last year, but apparently a decision was made that it wasn’t worth it for the company to keep him on its roster.
Wall joins the likes of Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Ricky Rubio, Kenneth Faried, and Iman Shumpert as part of the adidas family. He’s expected to be featured in future ad campaigns, as well as have a hand in developing basketball footwear and apparel.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5