Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Smith explodes to the rim from beyond the three-point arc, and seems to have the rim in his sights from the moment he puts the ball on the floor. Mahinmi comes over late to try to contest, and catches Smith with the body giving him the and-1 opportunity.
We won’t be too hard on J.R. since he provided essentially the lone highlight of the game’s first two quarters. But it’s worth noting that he finished the first half just 3-of-11 from the field in almost 19 minutes of action.
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 1
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 43
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26