Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Smith explodes to the rim from beyond the three-point arc, and seems to have the rim in his sights from the moment he puts the ball on the floor. Mahinmi comes over late to try to contest, and catches Smith with the body giving him the and-1 opportunity.
We won’t be too hard on J.R. since he provided essentially the lone highlight of the game’s first two quarters. But it’s worth noting that he finished the first half just 3-of-11 from the field in almost 19 minutes of action.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3