Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Smith explodes to the rim from beyond the three-point arc, and seems to have the rim in his sights from the moment he puts the ball on the floor. Mahinmi comes over late to try to contest, and catches Smith with the body giving him the and-1 opportunity.
We won’t be too hard on J.R. since he provided essentially the lone highlight of the game’s first two quarters. But it’s worth noting that he finished the first half just 3-of-11 from the field in almost 19 minutes of action.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31