Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Smith explodes to the rim from beyond the three-point arc, and seems to have the rim in his sights from the moment he puts the ball on the floor. Mahinmi comes over late to try to contest, and catches Smith with the body giving him the and-1 opportunity.
We won’t be too hard on J.R. since he provided essentially the lone highlight of the game’s first two quarters. But it’s worth noting that he finished the first half just 3-of-11 from the field in almost 19 minutes of action.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25