Jan 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
This should not get lost in the kicking of the Lakers while they are down:
Tuesday night Steve Nash became just the fifth player in NBA history to reach 10,000 assists. The video chronicles his five assists to get there in the Lakers’ loss to the Rockets. The passes in this game show both the accuracy and quick releases of Nash’s passes, but also his court vision and sense of the game. Nash is a special player and we will miss him when he walks away.
The other four guys with more than 10K assists? John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson and Magic Johnson.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48