Jan 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
This should not get lost in the kicking of the Lakers while they are down:
Tuesday night Steve Nash became just the fifth player in NBA history to reach 10,000 assists. The video chronicles his five assists to get there in the Lakers’ loss to the Rockets. The passes in this game show both the accuracy and quick releases of Nash’s passes, but also his court vision and sense of the game. Nash is a special player and we will miss him when he walks away.
The other four guys with more than 10K assists? John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson and Magic Johnson.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 19
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 12
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 26