Jan 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
This should not get lost in the kicking of the Lakers while they are down:
Tuesday night Steve Nash became just the fifth player in NBA history to reach 10,000 assists. The video chronicles his five assists to get there in the Lakers’ loss to the Rockets. The passes in this game show both the accuracy and quick releases of Nash’s passes, but also his court vision and sense of the game. Nash is a special player and we will miss him when he walks away.
The other four guys with more than 10K assists? John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson and Magic Johnson.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13