Jan 9, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
It’s not going to be official until he steps on the court, but it looks more and more like he will go this Saturday for his first game this season. Owner Ted Leonsis hinted at as much the other day.
Wall himself sounded pretty eager after going through his first full practice with the team on Wednesday. He made some steals threw down a big dunk, looked like the fastest guy on the court and was generally impressive, reports Ben Standig of CSNWashington.com.
“That’s just how I play,” said Wall during his first media availability since returning to a full-go practice last Thursday. “I play with a lot of excitement, and I try to get my teammates involved and try to make the game easy.”
And teammates not used to playing with him, such as rookie Bradley Beal, were impressed. Too.
“He’s just so fast with the ball,” Beal said. “He beats you down the floor. Sometimes, you think you’re ahead of him and [zoom sound] he’s right by you. But that’s going to help us a lot, because the way he pushes the ball is going to create open opportunities for us.”
Basically Wall needs to go through the practices the next few days without pain or setbacks and if he does he should be good to go Saturday when the Wizards host the Hawks.
Washington has actually had a respectable defense this season (11th in NBA in points allowed per possession), their offense has just been so atrocious they can’t win. Wall and his speed will help on that side of the floor. And make the Wizards more entertaining, although not good.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18