Jan 9, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
It’s not going to be official until he steps on the court, but it looks more and more like he will go this Saturday for his first game this season. Owner Ted Leonsis hinted at as much the other day.
Wall himself sounded pretty eager after going through his first full practice with the team on Wednesday. He made some steals threw down a big dunk, looked like the fastest guy on the court and was generally impressive, reports Ben Standig of CSNWashington.com.
“That’s just how I play,” said Wall during his first media availability since returning to a full-go practice last Thursday. “I play with a lot of excitement, and I try to get my teammates involved and try to make the game easy.”
And teammates not used to playing with him, such as rookie Bradley Beal, were impressed. Too.
“He’s just so fast with the ball,” Beal said. “He beats you down the floor. Sometimes, you think you’re ahead of him and [zoom sound] he’s right by you. But that’s going to help us a lot, because the way he pushes the ball is going to create open opportunities for us.”
Basically Wall needs to go through the practices the next few days without pain or setbacks and if he does he should be good to go Saturday when the Wizards host the Hawks.
Washington has actually had a respectable defense this season (11th in NBA in points allowed per possession), their offense has just been so atrocious they can’t win. Wall and his speed will help on that side of the floor. And make the Wizards more entertaining, although not good.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30