Jan 9, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
It’s not going to be official until he steps on the court, but it looks more and more like he will go this Saturday for his first game this season. Owner Ted Leonsis hinted at as much the other day.
Wall himself sounded pretty eager after going through his first full practice with the team on Wednesday. He made some steals threw down a big dunk, looked like the fastest guy on the court and was generally impressive, reports Ben Standig of CSNWashington.com.
“That’s just how I play,” said Wall during his first media availability since returning to a full-go practice last Thursday. “I play with a lot of excitement, and I try to get my teammates involved and try to make the game easy.”
And teammates not used to playing with him, such as rookie Bradley Beal, were impressed. Too.
“He’s just so fast with the ball,” Beal said. “He beats you down the floor. Sometimes, you think you’re ahead of him and [zoom sound] he’s right by you. But that’s going to help us a lot, because the way he pushes the ball is going to create open opportunities for us.”
Basically Wall needs to go through the practices the next few days without pain or setbacks and if he does he should be good to go Saturday when the Wizards host the Hawks.
Washington has actually had a respectable defense this season (11th in NBA in points allowed per possession), their offense has just been so atrocious they can’t win. Wall and his speed will help on that side of the floor. And make the Wizards more entertaining, although not good.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'