Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire played 28 minutes Monday night against the Celtics.
That caused some soreness, so doctors have ordered Mike Woodson to cut back the Stoudemire’s minutes starting Thursday against the Pacers, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“He was probably a little sore and that’s probably the reason for it. So I’ve got to be open-minded to that and do what’s asked. That’s the right thing to do,” Woodson said after practice on Wednesday…
“I don’t feel as if it’s a setback at all. I feel great,” said Stoudemire, who’s averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. “I just think we’re taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that’s about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great.”
Look for Stoudemire to be in the low 20s in minutes for a while. That may increase over time.
Stoudemire has been back four games from preseason knee surgery and has averaged 10 points a game coming off the bench.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13