Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire played 28 minutes Monday night against the Celtics.
That caused some soreness, so doctors have ordered Mike Woodson to cut back the Stoudemire’s minutes starting Thursday against the Pacers, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“He was probably a little sore and that’s probably the reason for it. So I’ve got to be open-minded to that and do what’s asked. That’s the right thing to do,” Woodson said after practice on Wednesday…
“I don’t feel as if it’s a setback at all. I feel great,” said Stoudemire, who’s averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. “I just think we’re taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that’s about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great.”
Look for Stoudemire to be in the low 20s in minutes for a while. That may increase over time.
Stoudemire has been back four games from preseason knee surgery and has averaged 10 points a game coming off the bench.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19