Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire played 28 minutes Monday night against the Celtics.
That caused some soreness, so doctors have ordered Mike Woodson to cut back the Stoudemire’s minutes starting Thursday against the Pacers, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“He was probably a little sore and that’s probably the reason for it. So I’ve got to be open-minded to that and do what’s asked. That’s the right thing to do,” Woodson said after practice on Wednesday…
“I don’t feel as if it’s a setback at all. I feel great,” said Stoudemire, who’s averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. “I just think we’re taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that’s about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great.”
Look for Stoudemire to be in the low 20s in minutes for a while. That may increase over time.
Stoudemire has been back four games from preseason knee surgery and has averaged 10 points a game coming off the bench.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50