Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire played 28 minutes Monday night against the Celtics.
That caused some soreness, so doctors have ordered Mike Woodson to cut back the Stoudemire’s minutes starting Thursday against the Pacers, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“He was probably a little sore and that’s probably the reason for it. So I’ve got to be open-minded to that and do what’s asked. That’s the right thing to do,” Woodson said after practice on Wednesday…
“I don’t feel as if it’s a setback at all. I feel great,” said Stoudemire, who’s averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. “I just think we’re taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that’s about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great.”
Look for Stoudemire to be in the low 20s in minutes for a while. That may increase over time.
Stoudemire has been back four games from preseason knee surgery and has averaged 10 points a game coming off the bench.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 26
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23