Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire played 28 minutes Monday night against the Celtics.
That caused some soreness, so doctors have ordered Mike Woodson to cut back the Stoudemire’s minutes starting Thursday against the Pacers, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“He was probably a little sore and that’s probably the reason for it. So I’ve got to be open-minded to that and do what’s asked. That’s the right thing to do,” Woodson said after practice on Wednesday…
“I don’t feel as if it’s a setback at all. I feel great,” said Stoudemire, who’s averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. “I just think we’re taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that’s about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great.”
Look for Stoudemire to be in the low 20s in minutes for a while. That may increase over time.
Stoudemire has been back four games from preseason knee surgery and has averaged 10 points a game coming off the bench.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 18
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 27
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay