Jan 9, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
Everyone near the Bulls still says the plan is to be patient. Don’t rush Derrick Rose back. Think more like the All-Star Game timeframe.
Still, there are positive signs.
Like the report in the Sun-Times that Derrick Rose is dunking again.
Aside that, he is taking what the team calls “predictable contact” in practice. Of course, the way the Bulls Jimmy Butler described it, to Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com, things are pretty hands off with Rose — and he is looking good.
“Everything!” exclaimed Jimmy Butler, when asked about pleasant surprises observed during Rose’s rehabilitation from ACL surgery. “I think it’s all a blessing and it’s just great to see him out there, jumping and shooting jump shots, and moving the way that he does. Who knows if he comes back and has a start like Adrian Peterson did? That’s crazy.”
“We definitely don’t want to get him hurt again, so if he’s going to the cup, let him go. Open ‘J,’ contest it, but don’t let him come down any wrong way. Playing smart basketball, but at the same time, we know—and that goes for anybody—don’t undercut anybody,” Butler explained. “Things that basketball players do with their teammates. As far as he goes, he’s continuing to go hard, that’s for sure.”
Peterson may be a little optimistic. But the Bulls with even 80 percent of Rose become a real tough out come the playoffs. And that may be the best plan in Chicago right now.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?