Jan 8, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
We told you John Wall was back practicing with the Wizards and likely would return to action in the next couple weeks.
How about Saturday? That work for you?
We now have a few days off in a scheduling rarity. We play next on Saturday night at home and it is possible but not quite certain, for the first time all season, that we could dress all of our players. I don’t want to jinx it, but we are all hoping that is what we will see.
As Standig said, it wouldn’t be a John Wall injury update if there wasn’t some fuzzy wording and a lack of certainty.
Saturday the Wizards host the Atlanta Hawks.
While we can debate whether Wall is a guy you can build a franchise around — Stan Van Gundy says no — there is no doubt he will help the worst offense in the NBA. The Wizards average 92.7 points per 100 possessions, almost 10 points per 100 worse than the league average (102.3). Cleveland has the second worst offense on the season and they are at 97.6 (and improving with Kyrie Irving back).
This is a big season for Wall and the Wizards, he can be given a contract extension after this season and the Wizards need to see Wall on the court and figure out what they are going to do going forward.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10