Spike Lee directs Chris Paul in new NBA “BIG” ad (VIDEO)

Jan 8, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT

Spike Lee is directing some new ads in the NBA’s “BIG” campaign (which, honestly, is not my favorite of their campaigns) and he had his hand in this latest Chris Paul ad.

My favorite part is the silent Steve Nash cameo.

That or the Ralph Lawler line (he is the Clippers announcer used in the commercial). I know Lawler is nails on a chalkboard to a lot of League Pass fans, but he doesn’t bother me. Maybe it was growing up in L.A. so I’ve been hearing him for years and am just used to him.

1. mat9844 - Jan 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I like this ad – it’s kinda the way CP3 plays. Like magic?

• wavywavy - Jan 10, 2013 at 4:03 AM

CP3 plays more like Isiah Thomas but the reason why Magic and Nash are in this commercial is because they are/were also Los Angeles PG’s like Paul but tbh i’d take Kidd over Nash as best point guard of that generation since Nash had a slow start

2. coasttocoast12 - Jan 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

3 Best PG’s in their own generation in my opinion,

• jayquintana - Jan 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Hmm… Magic, no doubt. Nash, maybe. CP3, probably.

3. moseskkim - Jan 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

THat video was pretty boring..

• jayquintana - Jan 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Too bad Tarantino wasn’t available.

4. misterchainbluelightning - Jan 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Funny commercial, adding Nash just makes it so much better. That being said F’ Spike Lee

5. philtration - Jan 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Spike Lee is a bitter, racist jag off

6. libertarianvoter - Jan 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You mean to tell me I live in a world where there are people who don’t like Ralph Lawler and where someone got paid to come up with the line “Unbelievable is BIG”? Please excuse me. I’m off to find an extension cord and a ceiling fan sturdy enough to support 150 dangling pounds.

7. genericcommenter - Jan 9, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Spike Lee has no business making commercials with basketball players. He should stick to his nuanced period pieces.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches