Jan 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
The one position you would think the Philadelphia 76ers are set is point guard — Jrue Holiday has taken a huge step forward and is a borderline All-Star this season.
But Philly apparently was looking for some depth there, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
According to a source with the knowledge of the situation,the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.
— john mitchell (@JmitchInquirer) January 8, 2013
Philly could use some depth at the one, behind Holiday they have Royal Ivey. But their need for help is really at the three (Evan Turner starts and then there is a drop off) and at the five (Andrew Bynum has yet to suit up this season).
But the rumor is out there. And you can bet Philly will not be the only team to inquire about Maynor.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30