Jan 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
The one position you would think the Philadelphia 76ers are set is point guard — Jrue Holiday has taken a huge step forward and is a borderline All-Star this season.
But Philly apparently was looking for some depth there, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
According to a source with the knowledge of the situation,the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.
— john mitchell (@JmitchInquirer) January 8, 2013
Philly could use some depth at the one, behind Holiday they have Royal Ivey. But their need for help is really at the three (Evan Turner starts and then there is a drop off) and at the five (Andrew Bynum has yet to suit up this season).
But the rumor is out there. And you can bet Philly will not be the only team to inquire about Maynor.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46