Jan 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
The one position you would think the Philadelphia 76ers are set is point guard — Jrue Holiday has taken a huge step forward and is a borderline All-Star this season.
But Philly apparently was looking for some depth there, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
According to a source with the knowledge of the situation,the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.
— john mitchell (@JmitchInquirer) January 8, 2013
Philly could use some depth at the one, behind Holiday they have Royal Ivey. But their need for help is really at the three (Evan Turner starts and then there is a drop off) and at the five (Andrew Bynum has yet to suit up this season).
But the rumor is out there. And you can bet Philly will not be the only team to inquire about Maynor.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61