Jan 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
The one position you would think the Philadelphia 76ers are set is point guard — Jrue Holiday has taken a huge step forward and is a borderline All-Star this season.
But Philly apparently was looking for some depth there, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
According to a source with the knowledge of the situation,the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.
— john mitchell (@JmitchInquirer) January 8, 2013
Philly could use some depth at the one, behind Holiday they have Royal Ivey. But their need for help is really at the three (Evan Turner starts and then there is a drop off) and at the five (Andrew Bynum has yet to suit up this season).
But the rumor is out there. And you can bet Philly will not be the only team to inquire about Maynor.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47