Jan 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
The one position you would think the Philadelphia 76ers are set is point guard — Jrue Holiday has taken a huge step forward and is a borderline All-Star this season.
But Philly apparently was looking for some depth there, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
According to a source with the knowledge of the situation,the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.
— john mitchell (@JmitchInquirer) January 8, 2013
Philly could use some depth at the one, behind Holiday they have Royal Ivey. But their need for help is really at the three (Evan Turner starts and then there is a drop off) and at the five (Andrew Bynum has yet to suit up this season).
But the rumor is out there. And you can bet Philly will not be the only team to inquire about Maynor.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 37
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17