Jan 8, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace — at age 38 and having taken a season off from the NBA — really brought the Knicks something off the bench. Yes, there was 7.2 points a game and the threat of a big who can shoot to space the floor. But more importantly, he brought some size on defense in the paint while Tyson Chandler rested that helped.
Until ‘Sheed got injured. A foot injury has had him out for the last dozen games.
Martin has been open-minded about the possibility of accepting a 10-day contract to get the opportunity to prove his value to the Knicks, sources said.
Martin is a former teammate of Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby and J.R. Smith, so there should be an easy transition in the locker room. Last summer Martin wanted more than a minimum deal for this season but that was all he was offered, so he has been sitting out. He has said in the past months he would take a minimum deal and now it appears even a 10-day contract.
Spears says the key is the Knicks trying to get a feel for Wallace’s return. Which is a little hazy right now.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10