Jan 8, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
Miami is looking for some help with rebounding and on the defensive end. They have worked out Chris Anderson to see if the Birdman can still fly.
But they may go another route and sign Jarvis Varnado to a 10-day contract, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Varnado is being waived by the Boston Celtics.
As long as Varnado clears league waivers on Tuesday afternoon, he will be eligible to a sign a 10-day contract with Miami. The Boston Celtics waived Varnado on Sunday.
The Heat drafted Varnado in the second round back in 2010, but cut him. He played in Italy and Israel but had returned to the D-League this season, playing in Sioux Falls.
Varnado is strong on the defensive end, likes to block shots and is a good rebounder. He brings a lot of hustle to the floor. He’s not going to score much, but the Heat already have a couple guys who can score. They need more of what Varnado might bring.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 6
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9