Jan 8, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
I don’t think this is going to happen. At this time of year teams listen to all sorts of trade ideas, gauging the value of their players and seeing if one in 100 might stick and work.
Griz CEO Jason Levien, whom principal owner Robert Pera has entrusted to run the franchise, is gauging the value of several players on the roster. There also have been exploratory trade conversations centered on forward Zach Randolph. The Sacramento Kings are one of the teams that the Griz recently held preliminary talks with, according to a league source.
That would clearly be some kind of DeMarcus Cousins deal, and is highly, highly unlikely as Kings ownership doesn’t really want to move him.
What this shows is that Memphis’ new ownership and front office is looking to shake things up. They see a roster that can make the playoffs but likely not win the West and they want to shake it up.
Still, any trade of Randolph is highly unlikely. Gay, yes, he will get moved, if not at the deadline than next summer. But the Grizzlies are just doing their due diligence and are listening to offers. And Randolph certainly would have interest.
But you are going to have to blow the Grizzlies away with an offer to get Randolph.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4