Jan 8, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
The two players received double technicals for their continued jawing with just over nine minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, but they were going at it verbally both before and after the officials finally stepped in.
Anthony was still heated afterward, and multiple reports had him outside the Celtics locker room looking to continue the conversation.
From Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
MSG Network reported that Anthony was outside the Celtics’ locker room after the game and had to be restrained by security and some teammates. Mike Woodson wouldn’t comment on the report, although he did say: “As the game wore on, we just let things get to us a little bit. We can’t let that happen.”
Anthony, who left without speaking to the media, was hot in the fourth, and not in a good way. He continued to play physically and jaw with Garnett. Said Woodson, “I’m going to defend Melo, our player and our team. In the heat of the battle, you got to hang in there and you got to keep playing.”
There’s no doubt the league will investigate Anthony for these alleged actions, and if they find credence in the report, a fine and/or suspension will be on the way.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16