Jan 8, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
The two players received double technicals for their continued jawing with just over nine minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, but they were going at it verbally both before and after the officials finally stepped in.
Anthony was still heated afterward, and multiple reports had him outside the Celtics locker room looking to continue the conversation.
From Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
MSG Network reported that Anthony was outside the Celtics’ locker room after the game and had to be restrained by security and some teammates. Mike Woodson wouldn’t comment on the report, although he did say: “As the game wore on, we just let things get to us a little bit. We can’t let that happen.”
Anthony, who left without speaking to the media, was hot in the fourth, and not in a good way. He continued to play physically and jaw with Garnett. Said Woodson, “I’m going to defend Melo, our player and our team. In the heat of the battle, you got to hang in there and you got to keep playing.”
There’s no doubt the league will investigate Anthony for these alleged actions, and if they find credence in the report, a fine and/or suspension will be on the way.
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 0
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 20
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16