Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Monday the Cleveland media asked Casspi about it, and of course his answer was basically “I love Cleveland, who wouldn’t?” From the Plain Dealer:
“Of course, I like Cleveland,” Casspi said before the Cavs faced the Bulls at the United Center. “Cleveland has been great to me. The fans, the city, the organization. That’s where I’m focused. I don’t have any other focus but help my team win. Whatever the future holds will happen.”
Of course, that is different than denying you asked for a trade.
Casspi has fallen out of Byron Scott’s rotation, he has barely seen the court in a month. Of course, if he thinks a trade alone solves his problem he is fooling himself — if you can’t earn minutes on the Cavaliers where are you going to get burn?
But he likes Cleveland. So he, Michael Symon and Drew Carey have that in common.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25