Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Monday the Cleveland media asked Casspi about it, and of course his answer was basically “I love Cleveland, who wouldn’t?” From the Plain Dealer:
“Of course, I like Cleveland,” Casspi said before the Cavs faced the Bulls at the United Center. “Cleveland has been great to me. The fans, the city, the organization. That’s where I’m focused. I don’t have any other focus but help my team win. Whatever the future holds will happen.”
Of course, that is different than denying you asked for a trade.
Casspi has fallen out of Byron Scott’s rotation, he has barely seen the court in a month. Of course, if he thinks a trade alone solves his problem he is fooling himself — if you can’t earn minutes on the Cavaliers where are you going to get burn?
But he likes Cleveland. So he, Michael Symon and Drew Carey have that in common.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte