Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Monday the Cleveland media asked Casspi about it, and of course his answer was basically “I love Cleveland, who wouldn’t?” From the Plain Dealer:
“Of course, I like Cleveland,” Casspi said before the Cavs faced the Bulls at the United Center. “Cleveland has been great to me. The fans, the city, the organization. That’s where I’m focused. I don’t have any other focus but help my team win. Whatever the future holds will happen.”
Of course, that is different than denying you asked for a trade.
Casspi has fallen out of Byron Scott’s rotation, he has barely seen the court in a month. Of course, if he thinks a trade alone solves his problem he is fooling himself — if you can’t earn minutes on the Cavaliers where are you going to get burn?
But he likes Cleveland. So he, Michael Symon and Drew Carey have that in common.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18