Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Monday the Cleveland media asked Casspi about it, and of course his answer was basically “I love Cleveland, who wouldn’t?” From the Plain Dealer:
“Of course, I like Cleveland,” Casspi said before the Cavs faced the Bulls at the United Center. “Cleveland has been great to me. The fans, the city, the organization. That’s where I’m focused. I don’t have any other focus but help my team win. Whatever the future holds will happen.”
Of course, that is different than denying you asked for a trade.
Casspi has fallen out of Byron Scott’s rotation, he has barely seen the court in a month. Of course, if he thinks a trade alone solves his problem he is fooling himself — if you can’t earn minutes on the Cavaliers where are you going to get burn?
But he likes Cleveland. So he, Michael Symon and Drew Carey have that in common.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million