Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Monday the Cleveland media asked Casspi about it, and of course his answer was basically “I love Cleveland, who wouldn’t?” From the Plain Dealer:
“Of course, I like Cleveland,” Casspi said before the Cavs faced the Bulls at the United Center. “Cleveland has been great to me. The fans, the city, the organization. That’s where I’m focused. I don’t have any other focus but help my team win. Whatever the future holds will happen.”
Of course, that is different than denying you asked for a trade.
Casspi has fallen out of Byron Scott’s rotation, he has barely seen the court in a month. Of course, if he thinks a trade alone solves his problem he is fooling himself — if you can’t earn minutes on the Cavaliers where are you going to get burn?
But he likes Cleveland. So he, Michael Symon and Drew Carey have that in common.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14