Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
Williams was treated for knee inflammation and will skip the three-game road trip to Charlotte, Atlanta and Detroit this week. He will be re-evaluated after that. The Jazz are home for seven of their next eight after this road trip. He has said he has been battling knee issues most of the season.
Which might explain why Williams hasn’t exactly been impressive in Utah — 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds a game, although he does play solid defense. His PER of 12 is what you expect of a guy coming off the bench, not starting and getting better than 25 minutes a night.
Less Williams likely means more Gordon Hayward and DeMare Carroll, both of which are good things.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18