Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Williams was treated for knee inflammation and will skip the three-game road trip to Charlotte, Atlanta and Detroit this week. He will be re-evaluated after that. The Jazz are home for seven of their next eight after this road trip. He has said he has been battling knee issues most of the season.
Which might explain why Williams hasn’t exactly been impressive in Utah — 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds a game, although he does play solid defense. His PER of 12 is what you expect of a guy coming off the bench, not starting and getting better than 25 minutes a night.
Less Williams likely means more Gordon Hayward and DeMare Carroll, both of which are good things.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29