Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Williams was treated for knee inflammation and will skip the three-game road trip to Charlotte, Atlanta and Detroit this week. He will be re-evaluated after that. The Jazz are home for seven of their next eight after this road trip. He has said he has been battling knee issues most of the season.
Which might explain why Williams hasn’t exactly been impressive in Utah — 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds a game, although he does play solid defense. His PER of 12 is what you expect of a guy coming off the bench, not starting and getting better than 25 minutes a night.
Less Williams likely means more Gordon Hayward and DeMare Carroll, both of which are good things.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 1
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29