Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Williams was treated for knee inflammation and will skip the three-game road trip to Charlotte, Atlanta and Detroit this week. He will be re-evaluated after that. The Jazz are home for seven of their next eight after this road trip. He has said he has been battling knee issues most of the season.
Which might explain why Williams hasn’t exactly been impressive in Utah — 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds a game, although he does play solid defense. His PER of 12 is what you expect of a guy coming off the bench, not starting and getting better than 25 minutes a night.
Less Williams likely means more Gordon Hayward and DeMare Carroll, both of which are good things.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 23
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 21
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27