Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Williams was treated for knee inflammation and will skip the three-game road trip to Charlotte, Atlanta and Detroit this week. He will be re-evaluated after that. The Jazz are home for seven of their next eight after this road trip. He has said he has been battling knee issues most of the season.
Which might explain why Williams hasn’t exactly been impressive in Utah — 8.9 points and 3.5 rebounds a game, although he does play solid defense. His PER of 12 is what you expect of a guy coming off the bench, not starting and getting better than 25 minutes a night.
Less Williams likely means more Gordon Hayward and DeMare Carroll, both of which are good things.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 0
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 18
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9