Jan 7, 2013, 11:48 AM EST
We’ve already seen some, and in the next 24 hours your are going to see a lot more moves of guys who have barely gotten any run — then you are going to start to see 10-day contract guys fill their place on the bench.
The deal is that by today at 5 p.m. (Eastern), any guy who has been on a team’s roster since the start of the season with a non-guaranteed contract become a guaranteed contract for the rest of the season. So teams that want to save a few bucks are cutting guys loose. Monday is also the day teams can sign guys to 10-day contracts.
So, a little flurry of action with more to come. Here is what you missed:
• The Sixers have waived Philadelphia native and rookie point guard Maalik Wayns, reports CSNPhilly.com. Guy went to Villanova and everything, but there was no brotherly love. In his place is goes first-round draft pick Arnett Moultrie who got called up from the D-League (Sioux Falls). It’s a money thing, the Sixers now don’t have to pay Wayns, they had to pay Moultrie anyway.
• Donald Sloan, who was waived by the Cavaliers, is getting a 10-day contract with the New Orleans Hornets. Good move. Sloan was stuck behind Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters in Cleveland. In New Orleans, well, let’s just say he could get past Austin Rivers.
• Samardo Samuels was released in Cleveland but reports are the Nets and Thunder are interested.
• Miami waived guard Terrell Harris. Hard to be a guard who gets wing minutes in Miami.
• Chris Douglas-Roberts has been let go by the Dallas Mavericks.
• The Pacers have waived forward Sam Young.
• Lazar Hayward, who was just inked by the Timberwolves on New Year’s Eve to add some depth, was released.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Faried put the hammer down.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
They are that bad because of their defense.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
What is the deal with that shot?
Nov 25, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Understanding what the team is doing and paying good money for tickets are different things.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
Philadelphia’s defense really tanked this play
Nov 25, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
This is a sign of how thin the front line pickings are for teams wanting depth.
Marreese Speights on Kendrick Perkins: ‘He thinks he’s a tough guy, but at the end of the day, his game is terrible’
Nov 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Thunder center doesn’t take criticism without dishing some of his own
Nov 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
I’m impressed… and a little jealous.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
This has been an issue throughout his career.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
He will be back before the trade deadline, not that he’s that easy to move.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Anthony was forced out of Monday’s game against the Rockets with back spasms.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Pierce loves his fans — especially those from his days with the Celtics.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Can you blame him?
Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Steve Nash also posts a message.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
As a first-year NBA head coach, Blatt will face plenty of scrutiny as Cleveland underachieves.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Lopez was benched for the entire fourth quarter in the team’s latest loss.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Stoudemire gets creative in taking a shot at the officiating.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
Dallas gives up 111 points to a team playing without Roy Hibbert.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Not knowing about it and it not being about the Suns retaining Goran are two different things.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 3
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2