Jan 7, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
We have good news for Kings fans. It’s rare we get to do that lately, so we want to make sure they are paying attention:
Evans is planning to play tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies, as long as his sore left knee cooperates. He has watched how the Kings have performed during his absence and likes what he sees.
“They’re playing good,” Evans said. “I just have to go in and try and continue the effort.”
Evans had missed more than three weeks with a knee issue and had taken his 15.1 points per game to the bench with him.
The Kings are playing solid ball of late, including winning four of their last six because their offense has really played well (scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions in last five games, top five in the NBA).
You’d like to think adding Evans and later this week Marcus Thornton back to the rotation would only add to that, but alas anytime the rotations get shaken up on a team playing well anything can happen.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20