Jan 7, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
We have good news for Kings fans. It’s rare we get to do that lately, so we want to make sure they are paying attention:
Evans is planning to play tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies, as long as his sore left knee cooperates. He has watched how the Kings have performed during his absence and likes what he sees.
“They’re playing good,” Evans said. “I just have to go in and try and continue the effort.”
Evans had missed more than three weeks with a knee issue and had taken his 15.1 points per game to the bench with him.
The Kings are playing solid ball of late, including winning four of their last six because their offense has really played well (scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions in last five games, top five in the NBA).
You’d like to think adding Evans and later this week Marcus Thornton back to the rotation would only add to that, but alas anytime the rotations get shaken up on a team playing well anything can happen.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 27
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 27
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 64
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 39
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 31