Jan 7, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
We have good news for Kings fans. It’s rare we get to do that lately, so we want to make sure they are paying attention:
Evans is planning to play tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies, as long as his sore left knee cooperates. He has watched how the Kings have performed during his absence and likes what he sees.
“They’re playing good,” Evans said. “I just have to go in and try and continue the effort.”
Evans had missed more than three weeks with a knee issue and had taken his 15.1 points per game to the bench with him.
The Kings are playing solid ball of late, including winning four of their last six because their offense has really played well (scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions in last five games, top five in the NBA).
You’d like to think adding Evans and later this week Marcus Thornton back to the rotation would only add to that, but alas anytime the rotations get shaken up on a team playing well anything can happen.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4