Tommy Heinsohn with the epic rant on Rondo’s suspension (VIDEO)

Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EST

Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.

As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.

The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.

Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.

Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.

1. themagicfanguy - Jan 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Pure comedy.

• Kansachusetts - Jan 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

It only looked like a bump from one angle and it wasn’t much of a bump then.
      I’m mad at TV analyst Donny Marshall, a friend of Ray Allen. He uses every opportunity to get in digs at Rondo. They should can Donny.

2. paulhargis53 - Jan 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM

* Hawks GM Danny Ferry.

3. mgm54 - Jan 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Hawks GM….not cavs…..tisk tisk

4. chargerdillon - Jan 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Maybe I wouldn’t hate Rondo so much if i didnt blame him for ruining the big 3. I’m a diehard Lakers fan, but KG will always be one of my favorites and one i consider to be vastly underrated.

Rondo did not deserve a suspension, but it’s just like with A.I. the more of these situations keep happening the more the slight bump becomes the solid bump.

Rondo is making his own reputation

• cosanostra71 - Jan 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I’m a Lakers fan, but Rondo is probably my favorite Celtic. He is fun to watch. I couldn’t care less if he “ruined the big 3″ that’s their problem, not mine.

• dko83 - Jan 8, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Ruining the big 3? What planet are you living on?

• fanofevilempire - Jan 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM

KG is a Thug and turned into a douche upon arrival at Boston.
      I liked him in Minny, but now he is a loser!

5. drunkenjunk - Jan 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hey Brett, do you watch the NBA? Come on man, Ferry hasn’t been the Cavs GM since Bron left the Cavs.

6. andyhr17 - Jan 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I give Rondo a Tommy Point for the bump on the ref.

7. scalfor3 - Jan 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

The call Rondo was arguing over was an awful call. How the hell is that an offensive foul?

8. lucymyclos617 - Jan 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM

David Stern, could you please ! look at the video from the last game between Bulls and Heat Lebron was called out on a fault and he got upset , the reff said “Lebron that is enough” and Lebron responded “Don’t talk to me like that because i am a grown ass man”. He did not even recieve a technical faul

9. wwttww - Jan 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Danny Ferry should turn this in to your bosses.

10. aboogy123456 - Jan 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I’m glad as a lakers fan I get to learn basketball from Stu Lantz instead of getting dumber by listening to Tommy Heinsohn

11. mat9844 - Jan 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I have to confess when I catch the Celtics at home on League Pass, Tommy Heinsohn is the only announcer I consistently mute.

12. paulhargis53 - Jan 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

The 1st step to recovery is admitting you’re a know nothing. Well done, aboogy.

13. michaeljordanseviltwin - Jan 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Danny Ferry is a snitch and Tommy Heinsohn is the worst commentator in the NBA. Heinsohn is so awful that it has become a source of comedy. He regularly forgets that he’s broadcasting a game and just starts yelling at the refs. I’m certain he’s knocking back some brewskis during the breaks.

PS Is there an NBA personality more likely to have bodies buried under his house than Heinsohn? I’m just hoping he doesn’t read blog comments.

14. BigBeachBall - Jan 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Of all the dramatic things….

15. skids003 - Jan 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Rondo is an idiot, plan and simple.

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches