Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.
As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.
The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.
Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.
Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 1
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36