Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.
As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.
The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.
Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.
Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32