Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.
As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.
The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.
Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.
Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22