Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.
As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.
The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.
Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.
Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31