Jan 7, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Tommy Heinsohn is the color analyst on the Celtics broadcasts, but before that he was a Hall of Fame player and coach in Boston for parts of the last six decades.
As you might imagine, he bleeds green at this point, and has almost no filter when discussing issues related to his beloved Celtics.
The latest trouble in Boston surrounds Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for Thursday’s game against the Knicks for making contact with an official in Saturday’s win over the Hawks, and then being uncooperative with the league during its investigation.
Heinsohn isn’t pleased with the league’s decision, and is even less enamored with the fact that Cavaliers GM Danny ferry may have been the one to cause it by sending film of Rondo bumping the official to the league for review.
Bottom line: Angry old guy rants are awesome, so enjoy this clip of Heinsohn letting loose.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7