Jan 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
This week on PBT Extra the incomparable Kay Adams and I are talking about the big stories in the NBA. Like how Kevin Love‘s hand injury harms the Timberwolves playoff chances in a crowded Western Conference.
We talk Dallas a little and if there are any long-term issues between Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki (there are not).
Finally, we have to talk Lakers. Because they are a soap opera. I need to note we recorded this PBT Extra hours before the Lakers made the announcement that Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol would be out indefinitely. But that really doesn’t change what we talked about, which is the Lakers hard road to the playoffs and what changes may be coming for them big picture.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41