Jan 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
This week on PBT Extra the incomparable Kay Adams and I are talking about the big stories in the NBA. Like how Kevin Love‘s hand injury harms the Timberwolves playoff chances in a crowded Western Conference.
We talk Dallas a little and if there are any long-term issues between Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki (there are not).
Finally, we have to talk Lakers. Because they are a soap opera. I need to note we recorded this PBT Extra hours before the Lakers made the announcement that Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol would be out indefinitely. But that really doesn’t change what we talked about, which is the Lakers hard road to the playoffs and what changes may be coming for them big picture.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)