Jan 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
This week on PBT Extra the incomparable Kay Adams and I are talking about the big stories in the NBA. Like how Kevin Love‘s hand injury harms the Timberwolves playoff chances in a crowded Western Conference.
We talk Dallas a little and if there are any long-term issues between Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki (there are not).
Finally, we have to talk Lakers. Because they are a soap opera. I need to note we recorded this PBT Extra hours before the Lakers made the announcement that Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol would be out indefinitely. But that really doesn’t change what we talked about, which is the Lakers hard road to the playoffs and what changes may be coming for them big picture.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3