Jan 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
This week on PBT Extra the incomparable Kay Adams and I are talking about the big stories in the NBA. Like how Kevin Love‘s hand injury harms the Timberwolves playoff chances in a crowded Western Conference.
We talk Dallas a little and if there are any long-term issues between Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki (there are not).
Finally, we have to talk Lakers. Because they are a soap opera. I need to note we recorded this PBT Extra hours before the Lakers made the announcement that Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol would be out indefinitely. But that really doesn’t change what we talked about, which is the Lakers hard road to the playoffs and what changes may be coming for them big picture.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 25
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20