Jan 7, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
When JaVale McGee is focused and in the game mentally — and he was against the Lakers Sunday night — few people on the planet could keep him from a rebound and putback dunk.
That includes Kosta Koufos and Andre Miller. Who happen to be McGee’s teammates and were in the way of a putback dunk against the Lakers and ended up in McGee’s poster. McGee finished with 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting on the night. In the second half he completely outplayed Pau Gasol (which a lot of people have been doing lately, but still).
McGee has more nights like this and Karl will give him more run.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?