Jan 7, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Rookie Meyers Leonard, who has played solidly for the Trail Blazers this season, will be out at least a couple more weeks with a sprained ankle.
Leonard rolled his ankle on Dec. 29. Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com spoke with Leonard who said it would take a couple weeks for him to get back.
“I would hope at least in the next couple of weeks,” Leonard said. “We’ll see. There’s really no telling. Some of these things can take two weeks, some of them can take six weeks. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I’m back as soon as possible….
“I’ve made a lot of progress in the last week,” Leonard said. “The first morning I woke up from it, I could barely walk. It’s been a lot better. I’m almost walking normal… Pretty much walking normal out of a boot [with] no crutches.”
Which is progress but a long way from running and jumping and the kind of things one does in an NBA game.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 5
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 16
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43