Jan 7, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Rookie Meyers Leonard, who has played solidly for the Trail Blazers this season, will be out at least a couple more weeks with a sprained ankle.
Leonard rolled his ankle on Dec. 29. Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com spoke with Leonard who said it would take a couple weeks for him to get back.
“I would hope at least in the next couple of weeks,” Leonard said. “We’ll see. There’s really no telling. Some of these things can take two weeks, some of them can take six weeks. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I’m back as soon as possible….
“I’ve made a lot of progress in the last week,” Leonard said. “The first morning I woke up from it, I could barely walk. It’s been a lot better. I’m almost walking normal… Pretty much walking normal out of a boot [with] no crutches.”
Which is progress but a long way from running and jumping and the kind of things one does in an NBA game.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18