Jan 7, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Rookie Meyers Leonard, who has played solidly for the Trail Blazers this season, will be out at least a couple more weeks with a sprained ankle.
Leonard rolled his ankle on Dec. 29. Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com spoke with Leonard who said it would take a couple weeks for him to get back.
“I would hope at least in the next couple of weeks,” Leonard said. “We’ll see. There’s really no telling. Some of these things can take two weeks, some of them can take six weeks. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I’m back as soon as possible….
“I’ve made a lot of progress in the last week,” Leonard said. “The first morning I woke up from it, I could barely walk. It’s been a lot better. I’m almost walking normal… Pretty much walking normal out of a boot [with] no crutches.”
Which is progress but a long way from running and jumping and the kind of things one does in an NBA game.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85