Jan 7, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Rookie Meyers Leonard, who has played solidly for the Trail Blazers this season, will be out at least a couple more weeks with a sprained ankle.
Leonard rolled his ankle on Dec. 29. Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com spoke with Leonard who said it would take a couple weeks for him to get back.
“I would hope at least in the next couple of weeks,” Leonard said. “We’ll see. There’s really no telling. Some of these things can take two weeks, some of them can take six weeks. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I’m back as soon as possible….
“I’ve made a lot of progress in the last week,” Leonard said. “The first morning I woke up from it, I could barely walk. It’s been a lot better. I’m almost walking normal… Pretty much walking normal out of a boot [with] no crutches.”
Which is progress but a long way from running and jumping and the kind of things one does in an NBA game.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9