Jan 7, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Rookie Meyers Leonard, who has played solidly for the Trail Blazers this season, will be out at least a couple more weeks with a sprained ankle.
Leonard rolled his ankle on Dec. 29. Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com spoke with Leonard who said it would take a couple weeks for him to get back.
“I would hope at least in the next couple of weeks,” Leonard said. “We’ll see. There’s really no telling. Some of these things can take two weeks, some of them can take six weeks. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I’m back as soon as possible….
“I’ve made a lot of progress in the last week,” Leonard said. “The first morning I woke up from it, I could barely walk. It’s been a lot better. I’m almost walking normal… Pretty much walking normal out of a boot [with] no crutches.”
Which is progress but a long way from running and jumping and the kind of things one does in an NBA game.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 2
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 3
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4