Jan 7, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
I know you all couldn’t wait for another Andrew Bynum update that is pretty much a non-update, so finally here it is.
Bynum said that soon he could start doing some running, taking stand-still shots on the court and other steps toward recovery. The video is above, but for those of you who prefer the written word here is what he said, via CSNPhilly.com.
“It is going well,” Bynum said. “I am feeling a lot less pain, progressing on the treadmill. I will start running soon so it is going pretty good…
“I come in, I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Right now it is all walking, a fast-paced walk,” Bynum explained. “Then I get on the bike and do a bunch of leg stuff with no weights, just all body-weight stuff, just trying to get that cartilage to grind up more and then the better I feel, the more we add.”
There is no basketball activity yet — standstill shooting and running on the treadmill are “coming soon” Bynum said.
There remains no real timetable for his return to the Sixers.
My only question is this — nearly 95,000 people have voted him an All-Star starter. If you did that and are over the age of 10, what are you smoking?
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32