Jan 7, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
I know you all couldn’t wait for another Andrew Bynum update that is pretty much a non-update, so finally here it is.
Bynum said that soon he could start doing some running, taking stand-still shots on the court and other steps toward recovery. The video is above, but for those of you who prefer the written word here is what he said, via CSNPhilly.com.
“It is going well,” Bynum said. “I am feeling a lot less pain, progressing on the treadmill. I will start running soon so it is going pretty good…
“I come in, I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Right now it is all walking, a fast-paced walk,” Bynum explained. “Then I get on the bike and do a bunch of leg stuff with no weights, just all body-weight stuff, just trying to get that cartilage to grind up more and then the better I feel, the more we add.”
There is no basketball activity yet — standstill shooting and running on the treadmill are “coming soon” Bynum said.
There remains no real timetable for his return to the Sixers.
My only question is this — nearly 95,000 people have voted him an All-Star starter. If you did that and are over the age of 10, what are you smoking?
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7