Jan 7, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
I know you all couldn’t wait for another Andrew Bynum update that is pretty much a non-update, so finally here it is.
Bynum said that soon he could start doing some running, taking stand-still shots on the court and other steps toward recovery. The video is above, but for those of you who prefer the written word here is what he said, via CSNPhilly.com.
“It is going well,” Bynum said. “I am feeling a lot less pain, progressing on the treadmill. I will start running soon so it is going pretty good…
“I come in, I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Right now it is all walking, a fast-paced walk,” Bynum explained. “Then I get on the bike and do a bunch of leg stuff with no weights, just all body-weight stuff, just trying to get that cartilage to grind up more and then the better I feel, the more we add.”
There is no basketball activity yet — standstill shooting and running on the treadmill are “coming soon” Bynum said.
There remains no real timetable for his return to the Sixers.
My only question is this — nearly 95,000 people have voted him an All-Star starter. If you did that and are over the age of 10, what are you smoking?
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15