Jan 7, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
I know you all couldn’t wait for another Andrew Bynum update that is pretty much a non-update, so finally here it is.
Bynum said that soon he could start doing some running, taking stand-still shots on the court and other steps toward recovery. The video is above, but for those of you who prefer the written word here is what he said, via CSNPhilly.com.
“It is going well,” Bynum said. “I am feeling a lot less pain, progressing on the treadmill. I will start running soon so it is going pretty good…
“I come in, I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Right now it is all walking, a fast-paced walk,” Bynum explained. “Then I get on the bike and do a bunch of leg stuff with no weights, just all body-weight stuff, just trying to get that cartilage to grind up more and then the better I feel, the more we add.”
There is no basketball activity yet — standstill shooting and running on the treadmill are “coming soon” Bynum said.
There remains no real timetable for his return to the Sixers.
My only question is this — nearly 95,000 people have voted him an All-Star starter. If you did that and are over the age of 10, what are you smoking?
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4