Jan 7, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
I know you all couldn’t wait for another Andrew Bynum update that is pretty much a non-update, so finally here it is.
Bynum said that soon he could start doing some running, taking stand-still shots on the court and other steps toward recovery. The video is above, but for those of you who prefer the written word here is what he said, via CSNPhilly.com.
“It is going well,” Bynum said. “I am feeling a lot less pain, progressing on the treadmill. I will start running soon so it is going pretty good…
“I come in, I get on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Right now it is all walking, a fast-paced walk,” Bynum explained. “Then I get on the bike and do a bunch of leg stuff with no weights, just all body-weight stuff, just trying to get that cartilage to grind up more and then the better I feel, the more we add.”
There is no basketball activity yet — standstill shooting and running on the treadmill are “coming soon” Bynum said.
There remains no real timetable for his return to the Sixers.
My only question is this — nearly 95,000 people have voted him an All-Star starter. If you did that and are over the age of 10, what are you smoking?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7