Jan 6, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Houston has suspended White immediately, and this is a situation that seems like it gets worse before it gets better.
Here’s the official statement from Rockets GM Daryl Morey, via Mark Berman of MyFoxHouson.com:
“The Houston Rockets have suspended Royce White immediately for refusing to provide services as required by his Uniform Player Contract. We will continue to work with Royce to hopefully come to a resolution.”
The resolution is to part ways with White altogether, as it’s clear by his actions that he has no interest in going through the necessary steps to play professional basketball at the NBA level.
That won’t happen anytime soon, of course. White was selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft, and first round picks are valuable assets that teams don’t give up on without exploring every reasonable possibility.
White has a well-publicized anxiety disorder that he has been open about from the very start of his journey into the NBA, but has seemed more interested in being combative than cooperative with the Rockets organization.
We don’t know all the details of the dealings between White and the Rockets, but we do know that basketball is a business, and it would make sense for Houston to do everything in its power to get White ready to contribute as soon as possible.
Until White gives a little on his end, however, there won’t be a resolution to the differences between the two sides anytime soon.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14