Jan 6, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
The Wizards, at 4-27 on the season, will take any good news they can get. This would most certainly qualify.
Wall has been out the entire season with a stress injury to his left knee, but he’s looking good to his teammates as he’s making his way back.
“He’s still the same player,” A.J. Price told the Washington Post. “Fast. Aggressive. He looked good. Looked like his old self. He was extremely active. Just talking. You could see that he really wanted it. And that’s always good to see, especially from your franchise player, coming back off injury, to show how enthused he was to be back out there and how aggressive he approached the situation.”
Whether or not Wall is the type of player the franchise can build around remains to be seen, but he’s shown flashes of All-Star level talent at times in each of his first two NBA season.
Wall has career averages of 16.3 points, 4.6 rebounds, 8.2 assists, and 1.6 steals in 37 minutes per game. He is a difference-maker, even on a Wizards team as dreadful as this.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights