Jan 6, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
That is how you start to win back the fans in New Orleans.
Eric Gordon is back from his knee surgery and showing the Hornets what they were missing — their offense is just much better when the young guard they got as the highlight of the Chris Paul trade is back on the floor.
The Hornets took the struggling Mavericks to overtime then it was Gordon who beat them on this and-1 game winner. Gordon has some work to do to fully win the fans of New Orleans back (remember he said over the summer he didn’t want the Hornets to match the Suns offer) but these kind of plays are big steps in the right direction.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 10
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 17
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 13
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP