Jan 6, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
That is how you start to win back the fans in New Orleans.
Eric Gordon is back from his knee surgery and showing the Hornets what they were missing — their offense is just much better when the young guard they got as the highlight of the Chris Paul trade is back on the floor.
The Hornets took the struggling Mavericks to overtime then it was Gordon who beat them on this and-1 game winner. Gordon has some work to do to fully win the fans of New Orleans back (remember he said over the summer he didn’t want the Hornets to match the Suns offer) but these kind of plays are big steps in the right direction.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 14
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 34
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40