Jan 6, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
That is how you start to win back the fans in New Orleans.
Eric Gordon is back from his knee surgery and showing the Hornets what they were missing — their offense is just much better when the young guard they got as the highlight of the Chris Paul trade is back on the floor.
The Hornets took the struggling Mavericks to overtime then it was Gordon who beat them on this and-1 game winner. Gordon has some work to do to fully win the fans of New Orleans back (remember he said over the summer he didn’t want the Hornets to match the Suns offer) but these kind of plays are big steps in the right direction.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 0
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 2
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 4
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 9
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2