Jan 5, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
This isn’t exactly on the level of a Gregg Popovich postgame presser, but really, few things are.
Still, it’s interesting anytime a head coach goes beyond the cliches and shows some emotion while meeting with the media after a tough loss, so we bring you an exasperated Randy Wittman trying to find some answers after his Wizards found a way to lose for the 27th time in 31 tries on the season, this time in double-overtime at home to the Nets.
This loss was especially painful, because it’s a game the Wizards should have won.
Washington led by eight points with 1:15 remaining in the first overtime, before giving up an 11-0 run that lasted until the period’s final possession. Bradley Beal hit a three at the buzzer that sent the game into its second overtime, but as Wittman laments, it shouldn’t have come to that.
Joe Johnson came through at the end of the second overtime session for the Nets, sending the Wizards to yet another loss. It’s clear that things are starting to get to Wittman, who is simply out of answers (and possibly patience) at this point while he continues to coach the league’s worst team.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record