Jan 5, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
Good news for the visiting Trail Blazers, bad news for a Timberwolves team that needs wins in a tight Western Conference.
Rubio has been out with back spasms and didn’t travel with Minnesota this week him hopes that treatment at the team facility would get him ready for this game. Didn’t work.
Love sprained the middle finger on his right hand, his shooting hand, in Thursday’s win over Denver.
Minnesota is being cautious and thinking long term. I get that. It’s the right thing to do.
But Minnesota is currently the nine seed in the West, half a game back of Portland. Separating the six seeded Rockets and the 11 seed Lakers is 3.5 games — six teams tightly bunched for three playoff spots. And that doesn’t include Dallas, another 2.5 games back of the Lakers.
Wins matter and are going to matter the rest of the way in the bottom of the West. And Minnesota needs to get its stars on the court consistently to reach its goal of the playoffs.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)