Jan 5, 2013, 2:37 AM EDT
Joe Johnson only made seven shots in the Nets 115-113 double-overtime win in Washington on Friday, but his final one ensured his team would leave with the victory.
The player known pejoratively as ISO-Joe worked that situation to perfection, taking his man off the dribble and creating space for an open 20-foot jumper that put the game in the win column for Brooklyn.
Whether or not it should have come to that is another discussion, because a team with four wins on the season probably shouldn’t be able to put up 113 points on one that has playoff aspirations. But the Nets will take what they can get these days, as they improve to 4-1 since replacing head coach Avery Johnson with P.J. Carlesimo.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record