Jan 5, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Kevin Garnett is going to get a fine for that. Fines come with every ejection for a flagrant-two foul.
But that was not a dirty or intentional foul, it was incidental. Tyler Hansbrough’s face probably didn’t think it was so incidental, but KG clearly didn’t mean to do that and said so to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Cammerato after the game.
“I was firm,” said Garnett following the game. “I didn’t mean to get him in the face like that. I was actually trying to swipe the ball, but it was a physical game and they called it the way it was. Part of the game.”
The Celtics were up by 23 when the foul occurred and KG’s ejection was not going to change the trajectory of the blowout win for Boston. The kind of win against another Eastern Conference playoff team that Boston needed, by the way.
That will take some of the sting out of the check KG is about to write.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 17
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8