Jan 5, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett is going to get a fine for that. Fines come with every ejection for a flagrant-two foul.
But that was not a dirty or intentional foul, it was incidental. Tyler Hansbrough’s face probably didn’t think it was so incidental, but KG clearly didn’t mean to do that and said so to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Cammerato after the game.
“I was firm,” said Garnett following the game. “I didn’t mean to get him in the face like that. I was actually trying to swipe the ball, but it was a physical game and they called it the way it was. Part of the game.”
The Celtics were up by 23 when the foul occurred and KG’s ejection was not going to change the trajectory of the blowout win for Boston. The kind of win against another Eastern Conference playoff team that Boston needed, by the way.
That will take some of the sting out of the check KG is about to write.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23