Jan 5, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett is going to get a fine for that. Fines come with every ejection for a flagrant-two foul.
But that was not a dirty or intentional foul, it was incidental. Tyler Hansbrough’s face probably didn’t think it was so incidental, but KG clearly didn’t mean to do that and said so to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Cammerato after the game.
“I was firm,” said Garnett following the game. “I didn’t mean to get him in the face like that. I was actually trying to swipe the ball, but it was a physical game and they called it the way it was. Part of the game.”
The Celtics were up by 23 when the foul occurred and KG’s ejection was not going to change the trajectory of the blowout win for Boston. The kind of win against another Eastern Conference playoff team that Boston needed, by the way.
That will take some of the sting out of the check KG is about to write.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 10
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43