Jan 5, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett is going to get a fine for that. Fines come with every ejection for a flagrant-two foul.
But that was not a dirty or intentional foul, it was incidental. Tyler Hansbrough’s face probably didn’t think it was so incidental, but KG clearly didn’t mean to do that and said so to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Cammerato after the game.
“I was firm,” said Garnett following the game. “I didn’t mean to get him in the face like that. I was actually trying to swipe the ball, but it was a physical game and they called it the way it was. Part of the game.”
The Celtics were up by 23 when the foul occurred and KG’s ejection was not going to change the trajectory of the blowout win for Boston. The kind of win against another Eastern Conference playoff team that Boston needed, by the way.
That will take some of the sting out of the check KG is about to write.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17