Jan 5, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett is going to get a fine for that. Fines come with every ejection for a flagrant-two foul.
But that was not a dirty or intentional foul, it was incidental. Tyler Hansbrough’s face probably didn’t think it was so incidental, but KG clearly didn’t mean to do that and said so to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Cammerato after the game.
“I was firm,” said Garnett following the game. “I didn’t mean to get him in the face like that. I was actually trying to swipe the ball, but it was a physical game and they called it the way it was. Part of the game.”
The Celtics were up by 23 when the foul occurred and KG’s ejection was not going to change the trajectory of the blowout win for Boston. The kind of win against another Eastern Conference playoff team that Boston needed, by the way.
That will take some of the sting out of the check KG is about to write.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 10
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 7
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 15
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26