Jan 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
Golden State has become one of the great stories of the NBA season — they are 22-10, the current five seed in the West, they are one of the most entertaining teams in the league to watch with a collection of shooters on the floor at all times. And their defense is top 10 in the league.
And if they get Andrew Bogut back — anywhere near the old, pre-injuries Bogut (remember there was the severe elbow injury and the microfracture surgery on his ankle — they would get a lot better.
That could be coming relatively soon, Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob said speaking to Sam Amick at of USA Today.
“When he’s ready, he’s ready. There’s no pressure on him. We’ve told him repeatedly – no pressure whatsoever to come back by a certain date. You tell us when you’re ready, and you feel great. Everything I hear is that he’s coming along really well and that he’s getting much closer.”
Notice there is no timetable in there. Which is the plan. No pressure, no timetables. He can come back whenever he comes back and the Warriors will be that much better for it.
Which they can say because they are winning and because when David Lee and Carl Landry are on the floor together the Warriors are +9.5 points per 1—possession better than their opponents. Lee is a borderline All-Star this season with 20.2 points and 11.1 points per game on 53.8 percent shooting and a PER of 21.2.
Winning cures all ills in the NBA. The Warriors are winning. And that may help cure Andrew Bogut because it gives him time without pressure.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)