Jan 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Golden State has become one of the great stories of the NBA season — they are 22-10, the current five seed in the West, they are one of the most entertaining teams in the league to watch with a collection of shooters on the floor at all times. And their defense is top 10 in the league.
And if they get Andrew Bogut back — anywhere near the old, pre-injuries Bogut (remember there was the severe elbow injury and the microfracture surgery on his ankle — they would get a lot better.
That could be coming relatively soon, Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob said speaking to Sam Amick at of USA Today.
“When he’s ready, he’s ready. There’s no pressure on him. We’ve told him repeatedly – no pressure whatsoever to come back by a certain date. You tell us when you’re ready, and you feel great. Everything I hear is that he’s coming along really well and that he’s getting much closer.”
Notice there is no timetable in there. Which is the plan. No pressure, no timetables. He can come back whenever he comes back and the Warriors will be that much better for it.
Which they can say because they are winning and because when David Lee and Carl Landry are on the floor together the Warriors are +9.5 points per 1—possession better than their opponents. Lee is a borderline All-Star this season with 20.2 points and 11.1 points per game on 53.8 percent shooting and a PER of 21.2.
Winning cures all ills in the NBA. The Warriors are winning. And that may help cure Andrew Bogut because it gives him time without pressure.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 9
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3