Jan 4, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
LeBron James is feeling the bumps and bruises of the long NBA season, one where me takes (and dishes out) as much physical abuse as anybody in the league. He was taking it easy during practice on Thursday, which led to some speculation he could sit out Friday when the Heat host the Bulls.
Nah, he’s playing.
James went through shootaround Friday and Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told the media that LeBron would go, tweets K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Shocking, I know.
LeBron doesn’t miss a lot of games. In January that may not be a big deal. But as we head into March and April and the playoffs get closer, look for Spoelstra to risk the wrath of David Stern and rest his stars at various points. Probably not all three for a nationally televised game — we saw how Stern dealt with that — but he should pick and choose is spots. And will.
But that night is not tonight. Sorry Bulls fans.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 6
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 9
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 15
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement