Jan 4, 2013, 3:07 AM EST
So, how does Jeanie Buss feel about Brooklyn?
Phil Jackson has more rings than fingers, so he finally has given one to Jeanie Buss. Sort of.
Jackson finally popped the question to his long-time girlfriend and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss during the holidays, and she put a picture of the ring on twitter Thursday night. Then she spoke to ESPNLA.com about it.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
Buss and Jackson live together in a beach town in Southern California. They have been dating since 1999 and their relationship has survived through a lot of ups and downs with the Lakers and themselves, including when Jackson left the Lakers in 2004 and traveled for much of a year. (She has not commented on the hiring of Mike D’Antonio over Jackson.) Through it all they have stayed together and Buss has said they’ve grown closer. Now they are going to make that strong bond formal.
Congratulations to them both, I hope they are happy. I’ll get them a nice toaster as a wedding gift.
But now he’s going to have to ask her what she thinks about that whole Brooklyn Nets thing.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13