Jan 4, 2013, 3:07 AM EDT
So, how does Jeanie Buss feel about Brooklyn?
Phil Jackson has more rings than fingers, so he finally has given one to Jeanie Buss. Sort of.
Jackson finally popped the question to his long-time girlfriend and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss during the holidays, and she put a picture of the ring on twitter Thursday night. Then she spoke to ESPNLA.com about it.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
Buss and Jackson live together in a beach town in Southern California. They have been dating since 1999 and their relationship has survived through a lot of ups and downs with the Lakers and themselves, including when Jackson left the Lakers in 2004 and traveled for much of a year. (She has not commented on the hiring of Mike D’Antonio over Jackson.) Through it all they have stayed together and Buss has said they’ve grown closer. Now they are going to make that strong bond formal.
Congratulations to them both, I hope they are happy. I’ll get them a nice toaster as a wedding gift.
But now he’s going to have to ask her what she thinks about that whole Brooklyn Nets thing.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25