Jan 4, 2013, 3:07 AM EDT
So, how does Jeanie Buss feel about Brooklyn?
Phil Jackson has more rings than fingers, so he finally has given one to Jeanie Buss. Sort of.
Jackson finally popped the question to his long-time girlfriend and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss during the holidays, and she put a picture of the ring on twitter Thursday night. Then she spoke to ESPNLA.com about it.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
Buss and Jackson live together in a beach town in Southern California. They have been dating since 1999 and their relationship has survived through a lot of ups and downs with the Lakers and themselves, including when Jackson left the Lakers in 2004 and traveled for much of a year. (She has not commented on the hiring of Mike D’Antonio over Jackson.) Through it all they have stayed together and Buss has said they’ve grown closer. Now they are going to make that strong bond formal.
Congratulations to them both, I hope they are happy. I’ll get them a nice toaster as a wedding gift.
But now he’s going to have to ask her what she thinks about that whole Brooklyn Nets thing.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17