Jan 4, 2013, 3:07 AM EDT
So, how does Jeanie Buss feel about Brooklyn?
Phil Jackson has more rings than fingers, so he finally has given one to Jeanie Buss. Sort of.
Jackson finally popped the question to his long-time girlfriend and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss during the holidays, and she put a picture of the ring on twitter Thursday night. Then she spoke to ESPNLA.com about it.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
Buss and Jackson live together in a beach town in Southern California. They have been dating since 1999 and their relationship has survived through a lot of ups and downs with the Lakers and themselves, including when Jackson left the Lakers in 2004 and traveled for much of a year. (She has not commented on the hiring of Mike D’Antonio over Jackson.) Through it all they have stayed together and Buss has said they’ve grown closer. Now they are going to make that strong bond formal.
Congratulations to them both, I hope they are happy. I’ll get them a nice toaster as a wedding gift.
But now he’s going to have to ask her what she thinks about that whole Brooklyn Nets thing.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games