Jan 4, 2013, 3:07 AM EST
So, how does Jeanie Buss feel about Brooklyn?
Phil Jackson has more rings than fingers, so he finally has given one to Jeanie Buss. Sort of.
Jackson finally popped the question to his long-time girlfriend and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss during the holidays, and she put a picture of the ring on twitter Thursday night. Then she spoke to ESPNLA.com about it.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
Buss and Jackson live together in a beach town in Southern California. They have been dating since 1999 and their relationship has survived through a lot of ups and downs with the Lakers and themselves, including when Jackson left the Lakers in 2004 and traveled for much of a year. (She has not commented on the hiring of Mike D’Antonio over Jackson.) Through it all they have stayed together and Buss has said they’ve grown closer. Now they are going to make that strong bond formal.
Congratulations to them both, I hope they are happy. I’ll get them a nice toaster as a wedding gift.
But now he’s going to have to ask her what she thinks about that whole Brooklyn Nets thing.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (34)